Sunday, July 19, 2009

Succulent Wreath

I made a succulent wreath to hang on the door of my garden shed.... I chose succulents with a variety of colors and textures...


The wreath form I used originally had ivy on it - It's made of peat moss. I pulled it apart to make spaces for the new plants.


I started with the larger more coarse textured echeverias....


















...then I added creeping sedum...





I had found some baby sempervivums.. some of them had roots and some didn't... I decided to go ahead and add those to the wreath. I attached them with "u" pins...









The wreath is on my garden shed door...

















'Black Prince' Echeveria is one of my favorites! It has that purple/black foliage that I love so much.
I hardly ever water this wreath - and it's as happy as it can be...and beautiful too!










































a baby sempervivum..











No comments:

Post a Comment