Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New York Botanical Garden - part 1

Here are a few photos from my trip to the New York Botanical Garden... These were all taken from one single border....BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks to the magic of digital photography :) I took nearly 1000 photos that day - so I'll post them a few at a time...




This Dahlia has such incredible color... My very favorite color of flower is deep red almost black as I've mentioned before on this blog many times.... This one had the most intense color...








Echinacea...







The bees were happy!





The bees loved the Brazilian Verbena too!























This Dahlia is so unique! The variety is 'Marie Schnugg'.
































There is NO better texture than this.... I think I actually like sedum more in this stage right before they are fully open...








Scuttellaria incana...beautiful blue..



















What a great combo. this Dahlia and sedum make..





























More echinacea.. its is the prettiest to me when it is planted in big drifts like they did here..

















Another beautiful dahlia. I didn't get the name of this one. But I think it should be something like 'Sunset' because of all the colors of the sunset that you can see in this one flower.
Dahlias have such depth of color!
















The squirrels were so used to people being around this one stood still and let me take several photos of him.

















This border was full of gorgeous color.. but the texture was also a big part of its beauty..





















At the end of the border looking back down the pathway. There were two container gardens flanking either side.
















No comments:

Post a Comment