Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring!

There is nothing more fun to me than watching hostas pop up in Spring! I go out everyday and look to see how much they've grown. Today after the rain stopped I went out and took photos of many of my favorites. They are always so pretty with rain drops resting on their leaves. This hosta is called 'Striptease'. Fun name, huh?

This is my new bed of hostas - I planted it two weeks ago. I still need to mulch around them. I really think I wish I could collect every hosta. They are all so beautiful. I love finding new and unusual varieties.



The name of this hosta is 'Drinking Gourd' yet another fun name. Notice how the leaves are cup shaped.




My two 'Sum 'n Substance' Hostas under my Coral bark Japanese maple are getting so big! Yay! Under them is Persicaria 'Painter's Pallete' The three make a beautiful combination of foliage colors and textures.








No comments:

Post a Comment